Thursday, December 3, 2015

Photoshop

Project 1 was where I used photoshop to fade two images on the background. Unlike Illustrator, I had to change the blend mode to make the faded images better. I also had to change the opacity, which I  never did in Illustrator. Photo shop is harder to work with than Illustrator, especially when trying to place my name in the photo. Every time I used the text tool, it would try to type into the ONW. I had to click very below the ONW in order to type my name successfully. 

For Project 2, I had to change the colors of the butterfly. I modeled my butterfly after a butterfly I keep seeing in games I play. The blue butterfly is symbolic of the start of a whole new change, whether good or bad. To make the butterfly, I had to adjust the saturation in order to get the exact color I wanted. In Illustrator, I just chose the color from the options, so Saturation was new to me. Then I had to use the clone stamp tool in order to make the butterfly's wings look like their fluttering. 


In Project 3, I had to start by making a mask on the background image. The only mask in Illustrator I did was a mask that formed shapes into other shapes on the page. This mask used lettering and I didn't have to use shapes. Then I had to adjust the gradient, which I had barely done in Illustrator. In this project, I edited the color of the gradient and where the gradient would go. I then used a stroke, which I was very familiar with from Illustrator.


Making Project 4 was very complicated from anything I did in Illustrator. I had to use the clone stamp tool again and had to hide the cars and poles from the original image. This was very complicated because I had to make it look as natural as possible, but it would sometimes the stamp would overlap onto other parts of the image. Other times, the stamp would just look completely unnatural and I had to constantly edit it. After that, I used the magnetic lasso, a tool I never once used in Illustrator, to try and crop out the Raven head from an image. It was fairly simple, but sometimes I would mess up and have to start all over. After placing the raven head, I got other images and placed them in the original image with the raven head. Then I created a mask on the layer and then used the paint brush to get rid of the edges. Using Illustrator was very different and didn't much prepare me for using Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment